Saturday, November 10, 2007

Daniel's Weekend with Gus

Daniel was chosen as Star Student for his class last week. At the end of Star Student week, you get to take home Gus, the class mascot. Mrs. H also sends home Gus' Scrapbook and we are to fill it in with pictures and whatnot from his weekend here for Daniel to share on Monday. So far, Gus has had a pretty good weekend with us. He got to go to Tae Kwon Do with the kids this morning and will be attending Sunday School tomorrow. Here are some pictures so far (sorry, I just thought this was so cute and fun...I'm getting into it more than Daniel!)

Gus enjoys a Hawaiian pizza dinner with us last night.


Jacob, Daniel and Gus pose together before TKD...Gus even got his own white belt!

Gus clowns around at TKD

Daniel shows Gus some TKD moves

Playing chess with their friend, Brandon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Gus!!! I hope Jonathan get's to bring things like Gus home when he starts school - my luck it will be the class fish or hamster and it will die on my watch!

Barbara said...

Daniel was really upset tonight...he realized that Gus has to go back to school tomorrow. He was awake in bed for the longest time hoping that if he didn't go to sleep, Gus wouldn't have to leave. It made me want to cry!

Anonymous said...

How cool that they get him for the whole weekend. At Mary Rose's school, the class leader for the day gets to take home the backpack with games, a book and a stuffed animal with a notebook. Monthly, the stuff in the backpack changes.

Anonymous said...

We had Flat Stanley (from Megan) for a while and took him all over, he even went to the Marriott. I really got into it and made a whole story book about our adventures. It was great fun. I know how you can get carried away with these things.