Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My Little Socialite

It seems that Hannah is everyone's best friend. Right after dropping her off at preschool yesterday, I ran into another mother who wanted to know if I was Hannah's mom. She introduced herself as Olivia's mom and told me that Olivia doesn't stop talking about Hannah (Hannah talks a lot about Olivia as well) and we need to get the girls together for a playdate soon. We exchanged phone numbers and that was that.

After I brought Hannah home from school yesterday, Gwen came by on her bike looking for Hannah. About 5 minutes later, Lisa from up the street comes out yelling Hannah's name. They all play until I tell Hannah it's time to go pick up the boys from school. Both Lisa and Gwen ask if Hannah will be able to play when she gets back and then head to their respective homes...like now there was no one to play with since Hannah was leaving.

I was working in the two year old room for MOPS this morning (everyone has to take one turn working with MOPPETS each year) when Kelly (another mom) walks in. She asks me if I'm Hannah's mom. She then tells me that her daughter, Kloe, talks about Hannah all of the time and desperately wants Hannah to come to her birthday party next month. She then went on to tell me that her daughter was shocked when Kelly said she didn't know who Hannah was. I guess Kloe told her, "you know Hannah. From MOPS. The girl with the black hair and black eyes." LOL!

When we were leaving, I told Hannah that I had talked to Kloe's mom. She looks at me and says, "yeah, Kloe's from MOPS (like I didn't know!). She said I could come to her birthday party. It's going to be a princess party." I told Hannah, "I know. That's what her mom was talking to me about." Hannah says, "Kloe's nice. I guess she can come to my birthday party, too." I'm not looking forward to what her party guest list will look like.

Hannah's definitely much more the socialite than the boys were at her age. Jacob always had a hard time making friends but usually has one or two really close friends. Daniel made friends everywhere but, aside from Luke and Jake in Virginia, really has only recently had a circle of friends that he talks about a lot. Everyone Hannah meets is her best friend and even if she only plays with someone for a short amount of time, she'll talk about them for days. She cracks me up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our Hannah is such a cutie and very personable. No wonder she has so many friends. Sounds like you're going to have quite a crowd for her birthday party. Better start saving your pennies now. LOL

the Joneses said...

Hannah sounds like the neighbor girl that we posted about a couple of weeks ago: the one who holds everybody together and makes everything fun. Without her, there's nothing to play! How fun that she's such a favorite.

Chloe with a K is not a fun way to spell that name.

-- SJ

Barbara said...

LOL, Sara! I have to admit that I was waiting to see what you'd say about Chloe with a K. Of course, I always think of you when I hear or see odd names or spellings. I was working in the nursery the other day with two little boys. One was Chase and the other was Jayce. It drove me nuts because I spent a lot of the morning confused.