Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Is It Already Wednesday?

Where has the week gone? I can't even remember Monday. Seriously. Was there even a Monday this week? (and how do I begin to follow Mike's awesome blog?)

I had MOPS yesterday and I have to say that I have the best table ever. We all just kind of clicked. So cool. We've already got a playgroup going and are going to try to do a Mom's Night (or afternoon) Out once a month or so. Two of the girls at my table are pregnant and due in December and we've already started plans for a joint baby shower. That should be a blast. A few of these girls are also in the Bible Study that I'm in on opposite MOPS weeks. I've got to tell you that I'm so excited about making friends. That's what makes where you live great. I'm finally starting to really feel good about Kansas. Do you hear that, Mike?

Last night, everyone had Tae Kwon Do. The first class after the big tournament. I was chatting with Alex's mom (I really need to find out her name)...the same thing happened to him that happened to Jacob. The only difference was that he left right after, so he had no idea that he had a trophy coming to him. Alex's mom had me fill her in on what happened after their round. Mike has the tournament bug and was asking when the next one is (next spring). We are to head back up to the school tonight all uniformed up and with trophies for pictures. Master Johnson has hired a professional photographer to take pictures of everyone. I thought that was pretty cool.

I also talked to Dave (Master Johnson) about when Hannah can start TKD. He said that once he gets another orientation class going, she can start. He doesn't want to just throw her into the class that the boys are in because she'd be too overwhelmed. So, just like the boys did, she'd start in the orientation class for about a month and then move up to the boys' class. We haven't told her yet since we don't know when that's going to happen (they just ended an orientation class) but it may be before the end of the year. Ugh...then we'd be doing TKD Monday-Thursday for a month or so. I already feel like we live there as it is! LOL! That's okay. I can think of worse places to be.

Daniel also had his first den meeting last night. Jacob, Hannah and I did not attend, but I hear that it was a lot of fun. The family that hosted has a firepit in their yard and the kids got to make s'mores. They also made a family scrapbook to take home (not my idea...it's actually a requirement as a den activity). His whole den earned their Bobcat badges (everyone has to earn the Bobcat before you can earn anything else. It's the basics of Cub Scouting...the motto, promise, handshake, salute...you get the idea.) and it's already on his uniform. Jacob was disappointed that he has yet to get his, but he will at his next den meeting next week. (I hope it's next week and not tonight!) The boys are having a blast with Scouting. We got an e-mail yesterday about Jacob's den hosting another den campout at the beginning of November. His den really loves to campout. We are also attending Camporee (family campout) this weekend. So much camping. We should be pros in no time! Sometime between now and Friday, I have to get a bigger tent (the one the boys took last week barely held them) and two more sleeping bags. After this weekend, we should be ready to camp at a moment's notice!

The boys have picture day today, but I didn't get any photos of them before they headed out. Sorry about that. We have our morning routine down pat and if I try to throw something else in there, it really messes me up. Take my word for it...they looked good!

Hannah has a field trip to the pumpkin patch with her preschool this afternoon. Should be fun. Stay tuned for pictures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are going good there and that everyone is having a good time. Glad to hear that you are making friends. Go Scouts! How long will it be before you get the school pictures?

Anonymous said...

I thought about you and the boys when I was ready "Everyday with Rachel Ray" She said that she was kicked out of the Girl Scouts because "I had three demerits: I made up dirty lyrics to a Girl Scouts song; I didn't wear my full uniform, just the hat and sash; and worst of all, a girl broke her arm ('nuff said). That was it for me! "

TOO FUNNY!!!