Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What? Huh?

Today has been a total blur. I took the boys to school this morning and remembered that there's a MOPS meeting. Not only that, but they're doing photos for the directory. I look at Hannah, who has massive bedhead and is still in pj's, and then look at myself and sigh. Luckily, the church is right across the street from the house and we should have just enough time to fix ourselves up and get there on time.

We get home and I throw some clothes at Hannah and tell her to get dressed (she was more than happy to since she loves MOPS) and I race upstairs to make myself look a little more presentable. Brush my teeth, wash my face and attempt to curl my hair...forget that...into a ponytail it goes. A quick dab of makeup and at least I don't look like the walking dead...even though I sound like it. I run back downstairs and run a brush through Hannah's hair...she's all ready to go since she had already put her shoes on. She's screaming at me to come on but I know that I've forgotten something. We start to head to the van when I remember my MOPS binder and I forgot to take my medicine. I run back in to get it all...and we're off.

We pull into the parking lot just as the sky opens up. Hannah thought it was funny that we were getting "soaping wet." I was more annoyed than anything. I get her squared away in her room and head over to the meeting.

I'm always so glad that I go to these meetings. My table is so awesome and we chat it up the whole time. After the meeting, Shana (our MOPS coordinator) reminds me about her princess party she's holding on Friday (and, yay...my whole table is coming!) and I walk out smiling that I finally am getting to know people here.

I pick up Hannah and we head over to the Scout Shop to get Mike's uniform (he's Daniel's Den Leader) and the people that work there aren't quite as helpful as the last time. In fact, they seemed annoyed with the mass of people browsing through their store. Oh well, I got what we needed and left.

I've been putting off putting the patches on Daniel's uniform, so I had to do that when we got home as well as putting them on Mike's. A run through the washer and dryer and everyone's uniforms are ready to go.

Soon, I have to pick up the boys from school, feed everyone dinner and then head to Tae Kwon Do. Then, there's the pack meeting afterward tonight. Luckily, I don't think that Hannah and I need to be there for that since Mike's going. I'm really hoping they don't have much homework tonight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did they get Mike to volunteer? And did they tell Mike it was only an hour a month? Hope your experience is as good as ours was.

Love to all.

Bobbi

Barbara said...

Here's how Mike volunteered...

I got an e-mail saying that Daniel's den still didn't have a leader. If someone didn't step forward, the den would fall apart. I sent out an e-mail saying that I would do it.

Mike comes home for dinner and I tell him about how I volunteered to be den leader and he tells me that I have enough on my plate and that he'll do it. So, that's how he "volunteered" for the position.

It's much more than an hour a month just with den meetings and pack meetings alone! Want some popcorn? LOL!

Anonymous said...

Of course we want some popcorn. Are you guys selling it now?

Bobbi