Monday, September 24, 2007

Blah...Just Blah

After a miserable weekend, I'm still not feeling well. I am pumped full of medications (amoxicillin, Mucinex and Claritin) but it's just knocking it down a notch. I would have expected to feel a lot better by now but it's just not happening. I absolutely hate being sick. Luckily, Hannah is doing better. I guess being pumped full of prednisone, Xopenex and Singluair will do that to you. She's breathing and acting normally, so that's a good thing. Only 3 more days of the prednisone and then we're done and we can also go to the Xopenex on an as needed basis.

There was a mom at gymnastics this morning who was talking about how her daughter has to have breathing treatments but she's fed up with how wired they make her daughter so she's not giving them to her anymore. How stupid. Her other complaint was how long it takes to give the treatments. Get over it. Yes, they take forever, but if your child is having a hard time breathing, you do what you have to do to make them more comfortable. I got so annoyed listening to this woman go on and on about how inconvenient it is for her that I had to walk away. So obnoxious.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Hannah's feeling better and sorry that you're not. Sometimes the medicine takes a few days to kick in. Try to rest as much as possible. LOL

Bobbi

Anonymous said...

Yup. Nobody says that parenting is the easy way to go. You just keep on truckin' and do what you have to do.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that Hannah is feeling better. Remember to drink lots of water, those medicines dry you out and you need more water. Also, I'm telling you, try the nasal wash!