Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Yes, I'm a Joiner

We went up to the school this morning to find out who the kids' teachers are and to sign up for PTO stuff. Jacob's a bit upset because his best friend, Zephan, is not in his class. He doesn't know many of the kids and I think that might be a good thing. Kara from down the street is in Daniel's class. I think that Beth and I were more excited about that than they were. LOL! I ran into pretty much everyone with kids on the street at this thing. You know, I really thought that Morgan was the same age as Hannah. Turns out she's a year older and will be starting kindergarten. It's wild to think that next year Hannah will be in kindergarten. How nice will it be, though, to have all three at the same school?

So, the joining part. I had promised Jacob that if no one had already done so, I would sign up to be his room mother. We get up there and I see that there's only one name for his class (there are two room mothers) so I grab a pen and write my name in the second spot. I told Daniel that next year, I'd be his room mother. I'm handed a couple of fliers about various room mother meetings and am told, "see you next Tuesday in the cafeteria!" (that's when the first meeting is) Ummm...okay. I ended up signing up to be on a few other committees...after the first time you sign your name, it becomes way too easy to put your name on stuff. It's not until walking out of the building that you realize just how much you've just committed yourself to. I felt like it was MOMS Club all over again! LOL! I tell you what...this PTO is a huge Moms Club. I think I've found something I can throw myself into! Yay!

We also stopped by the Cub Scout booth. Daniel was mesmerized by the pine cars they had displayed and enthusiastically told the guy he wanted to be a Cub Scout. So, I've committed (Daniel positively and Jacob tentatively) to taking the boys to the first meeting on the 28th. I knew that things would pick up once school started!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally, some scouts in the family. After all the years we spent in scouting we thought we'd have a lot of second generation scouters. Hope they like it.

Bobbi and Eddie

Barbara said...

I know that Mike's been wanting to get the boys into scouting. Daniel just wants to make the pine cars and Jacob wants to sell popcorn. LOL!

Barbara said...

Oh and I think the boys would actually be 3rd or 4th generation scouters. You were a boy scout, weren't you Dad?

Anonymous said...

Yuppers. And so was your grand dad. I still have some of his scout stuff.