Monday, August 13, 2007

The Last Few Days of Summer

I have to start with a funny (to me) story. Yesterday, we decided to grill up some steaks. Yum. I had also made some au gratin potatoes and threw some corn on the cob on the grill for dinner as well. At some point, I went out to check on the grill and had asked Mike to stir the cheese sauce for me. I guess the oven timer went off so Mike turned it off. I come back in and finish the potatoes and get them into the oven. An hour later and I'm getting the corn and steaks off of the grill. I go to get the potatoes out of the oven and notice that it's not very hot in there. I look up at the top of the stove and see that the oven's off. Apparently, Mike had turned off my pre-heating oven instead of the timer. I was really upset at first but then realized that they're just potatoes and they were cooked...for the most part. LOL!

Today was the first day of Hannah's fall gymnastics class. Unless there were a couple of kids absent, there are only 2 other little girls in her class. She enjoys the heck out of this class. At some point, Kristy (Hannah's teacher) asked the girls if they could show her a bridge. Hannah jumps up and says that she can. She gets onto the ground, puts her hands by her sides and picks her tummy off of the ground. Kristy looks at her and tells her that's great...but that's a table. Not a bridge. You have to have your hands behind your head for a bridge (think backbend). I tell you what...Hannah can absolutely explain to you the difference between a bridge and a table. LOL!

We also went over to Hannah's preschool to drop off and pick up some paperwork. She's so excited. She's really excited to find out that Gwen, a little girl down the street, is in her class. Lisa and Morgan may also be in her class, but we're not sure just yet. She starts on September 5th.

The other night, I was walking through Wal-Mart and they had a lot of summer stuff marked down. I picked up two slip and slides for $10 ($5 a piece...just for clarification). They tear the crap out of the lawn that I've worked so hard on this summer, but the kids love it. They've beatten themselves up on the thing but they don't care. LOL!

Tomorrow, we head over to the boys' school to find out their teachers. They're also going to have PTO sign-ups, so I'm going to be all over that. Tomorrow night, they have a big back-to-school carnival that the kids are looking forward to. Should be fun.

No comments: