Tuesday, August 28, 2007

We're Saving George From a Life of Festering Sores and Insanity

Sorry...I had a Grey's moment there. I don't know why I was thinking of that episode today (Episode 109...Who's Zoomin' Who?) but I thought it was a funny title.

*******************************************
*Update* Okay, so I've discovered why the laundry room stunk of Tide. It actually wasn't Tide, but Downy. I also figured out what she meant by cleaning the washer. She scrubbed the liquid softener dispenser (leading to clumps of fabric softener on the walls of the washer) and she must have filled it full (instead of using the cap) of Downy when she did the load. I went to put the clothes in the dryer (she didn't seperate the clothes!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of my biggest pet peeves) and Jacob's black Tae Kwon Do shirt was covered in clumps of fabric softener. Needless to say, I'm not happy right now. I wanted to do towels and sheets today but now I have to re-wash what she "washed" and hang it back up before I can do that.
*******************************************


Mike had a work dinner last night, so we got a sitter (Paige) and headed over. It was nice to talk to adults, especially ones that once lived in Winchester. Before we left for the dinner, we tried to impress upon Paige that it's important that the kids go to sleep at 8:30 since it was a school night (she's famous for letting the kids stay up until we get home) but the kids were up when we arrived home at 9. *sigh* I found myself doing a lot of eye rolling about Paige this morning...she dug through Hannah's closet and did some laundry. Two loads to be exact. She told me that she cleaned the washer because it was dirty and I can't figure out what that means. I don't think I would have minded as much, but she grabbed clothes that were clean and hanging up in the closets (I discovered this looking for Jacob's Tae Kwon Do shirt this morning). So, now my laundry is messed up. I've still got a load of clothes that Hannah's outgrown (I was also informed, by Paige, that the kids need new pj's because none of theirs fit...ummm, no) in the washer...oh, and they were already clean to begin with. Also, the laundry room smells overwhelmingly of Tide...I'm wondering just how much she used. I asked Jacob why she did laundry that was hanging up in his closet and he told me that Paige said she wanted his shirt to smell fresh. Huh.

She also went through cabinets to find all sorts of cleaners to clean the bathroom and kitchen with, and left them scattered around the kitchen. I had told her that the dishes in the dishwasher were clean and she could use those to give the kids pizza on...apparently she didn't think they were clean enough because the dishwasher (with the same dishes in it) was halfway through another cycle. I know she's trying to be helpful but she's not. Oh, and did I mention that she wanted me to take her to Target on the way to drop her back home? I like the girl, but she's killing me.

The boys have their first early release day of the year today. They are going home with Zephan and his brother Caden after school for a playdate. Theresa (their mom) is brining them home in time for TKD and then we have Boy Scouts. I'm tired just thinking about it. I hope they don't have much homework.

Now, I need to figure out what's going on with the laundry.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Barb! I hope the fabric sofener doesn't leave greasy stains on anything! Good grief. I'm sure she meant well but going through closets and stuff is inappropriate. How old is she?

Barbara said...

She's 15. I keep telling myself that she was trying to be helpful, but I would have never thought to do someone's laundry while babysitting. Ugh.

Anonymous said...

I don't even use fabric softener. Just Tide and a small scoop of Oxyclean does the job. Dishes every other day and top up the jet clean stuff once a week. I tried to economize with cutting back on the extra hot water rinse and dry, but it didn't work a well as Mom's "nuke 'em" policy, so I set it back up to thermonuclear.

(^_^)

Anonymous said...

Yeah - i don't need a 15 yr old babysitter to ruin my laundry room - I manage to accomplish that all on my own. Jonathan left a crayon in his pocket - I never thought to look so guess what melted in the laundry - white shirts and light colored shorts! UGH!!!

Well, I hope yout things turn out ok. Fabric softener came make quite a mess.

BTW, I am sending you an email with current pics of the boys.

Susan said...

I'm afraid I'd have been livid. Going through my stuff is a giant no no. Glenn doesn't even touch my laundry. (though it is nice that he and Megan both pretty much do their own, so I'm just doing mine and the little ones - hehehe) I think I'd sit her down and have a chat about what she can and can't do. It honestly doesn't sound like your babysitter is gonna last. At least not at my house. LOL

Barbara said...

Dad...I have a "sanitize" button on my dishwasher, which I guess would be equivalent to your thermonuclear setting. LOL! I always run it with that on because I think that if there's stuff left on the dishes, at least it's sanitized! LOL! Oh, and she turned that off of the dishwasher and went with air dry.

Michelle...sorry about the crayon. I did that once. It gets everywhere. You wouldn't think that a little crayon would do much harm. I wish I could remember what took it all out. I'll be looking for the photos of the boys!

Sue...it seems like the more we have her babysit, the more liberty she takes. *sigh*

Susan said...

Wash, rinse, and SANITIZE! LOL Sorry, TEC moment there.

Barbara said...

LOL! I haven't thought about that in years!