Thursday, August 16, 2007

First Day of School

The boys started school this morning. They were so excited that they were up when my alarm went off a little after 7. I don't know how long they'd been up, but they were anxious to go. We left a little early because I wanted to walk them in and I knew that parking would be an issue. Luckily, we found a spot pretty quickly and I was able to see the boys safely into their classrooms. When Hannah and I came out, there were two officers directing traffic. It was a great idea to have them there because traffic flowed quite smoothly amongst the pedestrians. I'm curious to see how tired they are after school...especially Daniel, who's never had a full day before.

Daniel by his desk
Daniel with his teacher, Mrs. H.
Jacob by his desk
Jacob with his teacher, Mrs. P.
After we dropped the boys off, Hannah and I went to IHOP for a quiet breakfast. She loved the attention. Here's a picture of her at breakfast (sorry, I couldn't resist).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pancakes of Hannah's look almost sinfull!

(^_^)

Barbara said...

Yeah they do!

Anonymous said...

I want to be in Daniel's class. His room looks awesome!

Mary Rose got a letter from her teacher today telling her that there were fun things to play on and that she can't wait to meet her. I thought that was sweet. She's so excited.

the Joneses said...

As you remarked on my blog, our kids are getting so big! Hard to believe that Addie and Daniel were just preschoolers when we first had playgroups, Stuart was a fat two-year-old fascinated by balls, and Hannah was a VERY round little toddler!

Your kids are so cute.

-- SJ