Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Back To School Carnival

Why is it that this type of thing always happens on the hottest day of the year? (yesterday really was the hottest day of the year so far) The kids certainly didn't care. Unfortunately, they had face painting in the gym and that's where they still had the PTO booth set up. What is wrong with me...I signed up for another committee. Glutton for punishment I guess. LOL!

The kids got to meet their teachers and the boys are excited because they are in the same "pod" this year. Their school is set up into 3 or 4 pods...and the grades are grouped together. They like to put older kids with little ones so 1st and 3rd grades are in the same pod. Daniel was really excited about meeting his teacher...her room is very cool. It's set up like a tropical oasis.

Then, we went out to the carnival. The kids were hungry and cranky for a little while but were much better after getting a bite to eat. We ran into several people that we know, including a family from tae kwon do. It's nice to be getting to know people here. Anyway, here are a few pictures.

Jacob hits the ball at the baseball booth (it wasn't as easy as it looks)

Daniel and Hannah show off their face painting
Jacob and Daniel make pixie sticks.
Hannah makes one too
Jacob and Daniel climb the wall to the slide
On our way out, Jacob asked if he could see the turtle and fish in the school psychiatrist's office. I told him that he had to ask Mrs. P before going into her office. We managed to find her just down the hall and she gave the go ahead. While Jacob was looking, she asked Daniel if he got to meet his teacher. He told her no. She looks at me and I shake my head yes. She asks if he thinks the room is cool. He says no. Not believing him, she says, "oh come on. I put you in there because that's where I thought you'd have the most fun!" At that moment, I realized that they personality match the kids with their teachers. At least that seems to be the case with my two. I just can't believe that tonight's a school night!

No comments: