Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Oh What A Night

Last night was a completely horrible night. I'm watching TV when Daniel says that he wants to sleep in our room because he can't sleep. I thought that if I slept with him for a few minutes, he'd be fine. Well, we just get inside the room when he says his stomach hurts. He then makes a mad dash for the bathroom where he proceeds to get sick everywhere. I go in search of some Pepto (that always makes them feel better) but couldn't find anything. Nothing like a midnight run for medicine. Anyway, I get back and he's sleeping. About 5 minutes later, he's saying he has to throw up again. At this point, Jacob wakes up (he had been sleeping in the same bed as Daniel) and flees from the bed. He's all curled up on the floor, trying not to hear what's going on in the bathroom. Daniel comes back in and tries to go back to sleep. At this point, Hannah's calling me. She's thirsty and can't breathe very well (she's been having some attacks lately). She gets a water and a breathing treatment. I go back to Daniel's room and see that Jacob's made it up to the top bunk. Good, he's not sleeping on the floor. I decide to sleep in their room and lay down on the bottom bunk. I just get to sleep when Daniel's up again. This situation went for most of the night, the last round being around 5 am. I heard Mike leave for work at some point this morning and soon after, Hannah was up. I have no idea how much sleep I got last night but I'm exhausted. Daniel's fine today and is all peppy and full of energy. Hannah and Jacob, too. Ugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he's feeling better. I hope you get some sleep tonight. I hate nights like that.

Barbara said...

Daniel swears up and down that he has bird flu. I can't convince him otherwise. He's a lot less animated today but he seems to be better.