Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Is It Really Only Wednesday?

What a week already! The kids have been in the pool everyday and there was a little drama yesterday. Two girls from behind us have been coming in to swim and they are so annoying. Yesterday, they were fighting with each other and tattling to me about it. Sorry, but I don't care about your drama. After the third tattle, I told them that if they couldn't get along, they'd have to go home. A few minutes later, Jacob's out of the pool saying he's done because the girls are still fighting. I told them that's it - they needed to go home. They pretended to not hear me so I repeated myself. They got out and everyone (my kids included) went to Mikayla's house. Ugh.

I booked Jacob's party for his actual birthday on Monday. He wanted a bowling party so that's what we're going to do. He's really excited abot inviting all of his friends. I just hope they can make it because it's tough to get kids to come to parties in the summer.

Hannah is officially registered for preschool in the fall. The school comes highly recommended from several people and after talking with the school's director, I'm confident it's the place for Hannah. The program is three days a week which is exactly what I was looking for (many in the area are 5 days a week because of the insane kindergarten program) and is 2 1/5 hours long. Great location - right across from the kids' elementary school. The only drawback is that the only spaces left were in the afternoon. Really, it's not that big a deal, but I would have liked a morning program. Oh well. She's so excited about going to school and she'll still be able to go with me to MOPS. That's a good thing because she loves going to MOPS. I just can't believe she's going to preschool. Or that Daniel will be in 1st grade. Or that Jacob will be in 3rd!

This weekend, we're going to take a trip to Omaha, Nebraska. What's to do there you ask? Actually, a lot. They have a great zoo and museums and whatnot. The kids are so excited. I think they are more excited about staying in a hotel but I know I'm just looking forward to our first real family vacation. Not that I don't love you all, but this will be the first vacation where we're not visiting family. It'll just be us. Mike promised to leave work behind and said he won't even be bringing his cell phone. I have a feeling I'll be catching him late at night on my cell making secret calls. LOL! Seriously, it should be a blast!

No comments: