Monday, June 18, 2007

It's Raining...It's Pouring...

It's been kind of a dreary day all day long. I woke up this morning to the sound of thunder and I don't think it's stopped yet. Thunderstorm after thunderstorm has rolled through. There was a break this morning and I was able to get out and mow (the yard desperately needed it) and the kids got to be in the pool for a little bit too. They have yet to miss a day in the pool since we've gotten it. For the most part, the kids and I spent the day sitting on the front porch watching the storms roll in. I'm quite sure that our neighbors think we're nuts because every time we'd get good lightning, we'd all cheer. It's cool that the kids have inherited my love of thunderstorms.

So far, I've read three books this summer: House of Sand and Fog by Andre Dubus III, Deception Point by Dan Brown and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares. The best one of those was Deception Point. So far, I'm a little disappointed in my summer reading. Right now, I'm reading It Ain't All About the Cookin' by Paula Deen. I thought that I'd try a memoir this time. I seem to like those a lot. After I finish that, I've got Two for the Dough by Janet Evanovich all ready to go. I just want something good like Angela's Ashes or Memoirs of a Geisha. What are you reading?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! After three weeks of not a drop of rain, we had rain off and on from yesterday afternoon and all night. My lawn is happy!

Barbara said...

My yard's finally looking awesome!