Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Food For Thought

I took the boys to their Tae Kwon Do class tonight and was putting Jacob's belt on him when Dave (aka Master Johnson) sits down at the desk next to me. The following conversation has me a little confused.

Dave: Just think...another week and you probably won't have to be putting on that yellow belt.

Me: Yeah...wait...you mean white belt.

Dave: Oh yeah. White belt. But probably not yellow for very long either.

Before I could ask for clarification, he was gone. They wouldn't have him go straight from white to orange, would they? I'm guessing he meant that Jacob would quickly go through the lower belts. What do you think?

Oh, and just for those in the dark...the belt progression is (and I'm sure Mike will correct me if I'm wrong):
white
yellow
orange
low green
high green
low blue
high blue
low brown

medium brown
high brown
red/black
black (there are a bunch of levels of black)

No comments: