Friday, May 18, 2007

Season Finale

I'm still angry about the GA finale last night. Very angry. Couldn't they let at least one person be happy? Seriously. I can usually get some perspective and hope after reading the writer's blog, but the line, "everyone's single," has me more than a little upset.

George - Can't this poor guy catch a break? First, his Dad dies. Then he rushes into an unhappy marriage with Callie. Then the whole Izzy thing. Now, he fails his intern test? Seriously? I guess someone had to fail but George? Really?

Callie - Okay, so she got good news this epi. She's Chief Resident. I don't see anything that would make her worthy of the position, though. And when she finds out about George and Izzy (which I'm sure she's figured out already), it's really going to hit the fan.

Izzy - She's just pathetic

Bailey - How did she not get Chief Resident? Doesn't make sense to me.

Alex - Why can't he just get over himself already? Every time he has an opportunity to be happy, he screws it up somehow. Of course, just as things were going well for him and Izzy last season, Denny walked in so I guess it's not always his fault. I just don't get why he wouldn't tell Ava/Rebecca what she wanted to hear. Of course she wasn't there when he went back. So predictable.

Chief/Adele - They also seem to have a good ending. It looks as though they're going to work it out. It'll be interesting to see if he can better juggle work and family.

Cristina/Burke - So, just like that, Burke realizes that he's turning Cristina into someone else and doesn't want to marry her and moves out? Really? At least Cristina got the apartment. LOL! I'm really doubting that Isaiah Washington's going to be back next season, so I guess this was a good way to write him off the show.

Derek - Gets chief and then turns it down. This was one of the things that was keeping him from Mer and he gets it and says no? Yeah. Okay.

Meredith/Derek - Seriously? Derek goes all McDreamy and tells Mer that she's the love of his life and wants to have this huge talk right as they are heading to the church. Then he gets upset because Mer has to go? Ummm hmmm. In typical GA style, Mer's speech to the crowd about the wedding being over had a double meaning. Shonda confirmed it. So, I guess they're over. That sucks. What happened to all of the pining in season 1 and 2? Mer's had some really crappy things happen to her...she drowned, her mom died, her step-mom died, her father slaps her in front of everyone, on her way to the funeral Thatcher essentially calls her a murderer, she freezes on her intern exam and Derek tells her that he was flirting with an attractive girl (of course it's Lexie Grey) at Joe's and that was the highlight of his week. So, Derek, what was the highlight of Mer's week? Was it the step-mom kicking it and being blamed for it or was it her father slapping the crap out of her?

Lexie Grey - Seriously? They bring in Mer's half sister as an intern. The girl flirting in the bar with Derek is Mer's half sister. Come on. Oh, and of course she's an intern at Seattle Grace. Of course she is. I really don't think I can handle this triangle.

This show makes me so angry sometimes.

4 comments:

Weekends Off said...

I found you surfing blogs, I too am pretty disappointed on the finale. I can't believe it. I just can't. I think I hurt most for Christina...that was hard to watch even though I know it's just a show I swear I get mad like they are real people!!!

I totally didn't notice that Lexi was the chic who hit on Derrek that night at the bar till one of my commenters told me. WTF?????

Weekends Off said...

Sorry I don't mean to just pile up your comment box but what do you think about the new spin-off show for Addison? Did you like it? I did...

Barbara said...

I loved Private Practice and can't wait to watch it in the fall!

Barbara said...

Oh, and welcome to my blog! Post anytime! :)