Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Photo Post and Some Other Stuff

First, here's a picture of Dad and the kids enjoying the first watermelon of the season this weekend!

And here's one of some clouds overhead just a couple of minutes ago. We just had a huge rumble of thunder!

The kids are now officially on summer vacation and Jacob was officially promoted to third grade. Daniel, thankfully, was promoted to first grade for the fall. Phew. Seriously, he's come a long way in reading and really does excel in science and math. He also seems to be doing really well in Spanish. Yay Daniel! Jacob brought home three awards from his teacher..."Friendliest" "Best Boy Reader" and "Best Spanish Student" The kids love Spanish. Who knew? LOL!

Daniel got mad because Master Johnson told him last night that if he didn't shape up in Tae Kwon Do, he wouldn't even be allowed to test for his belt. Of course, that led to tears all of the way home but I say good for him! Why should stuff just be handed to him when he won't put in the effort? I'm hoping that it gets through to him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And for the second watermelon of the season, I bought one of those little bitty ones 'cause you said that they were good. It's cold and I'm going to have some after supper.

(^_^)

Barbara said...

Sounds good to me! :)

Anonymous said...

OK. I sliced up my mini-melon last night. It wasn't all that great. I think that I'll stick with a real melon next time. I'm not having good luck with the exotic stuff. Maybe the farmers market at Metro Center.