Thursday, May 03, 2007

In A Funk

I don't know if it's just because we haven't seen the sun in a while or what but I can't seem to shake this funk I'm in. I feel like I can't do anything right and the kids are driving me nuts. Hannah's been the worst offender. She seems to think that the more she nags and complains, the more she'll get. I think Daniel senses something and has been all lovey with me.

I'm tired of the moms at gymnastics. The only person I really talk to is one of the girls' nanny. The other moms are considerably older than me (we're talking pushing 50 here...their young kids are adopted and most have teenage/adult children) and I'm tired of feeling incompetent and inferior. You send your children to public school? You couldn't pay me to live in the area you do. They're just so snobby there. I would never live south of 95th Street. I'm just tired of it. Their kids are monsters...they don't listen to a thing anyone tells them, and half of the time don't even participate at all. Their mothers don't want to discipline them because "they had such a rough first 7 months of life back in China/Guatamala." Whatever. You are not doing your child any favors ladies.

Ugh!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just tell them that you're slumming in Kansas. You really like Virginia.

Barbara said...

Ain't that the truth? LOL!

What's funny is that the criticisms of where I live are the same as what they act out!