Sunday, April 01, 2007

Dinner and a Show

Mike and I were able to get out last night without the kids. The girl we met at the pottery store agreed to babysit for us and Mike and I went to see Blue Man Group.

I've heard many people talk about Blue Man Group and how awesome it is but I really had no idea what to expect. Now I understand why no one could really give a description because I don't know if you can really describe what we saw last night.

Part comedy show, part art performance, part rock concert, part social statement...so much going on and nothing like what I had expected. They had this one drum that every time they hit it, my sternum shook. If you ever get the chance to see them, definately go!

Coming home was really interesting. We had followed some people down to the arena (aka the Death Ride) and were pretty much on our own getting home. We knew that there were two interstates nearby but weren't sure how to get to either one. We wound up following the Kansas plates (everyone seems to be turning here kind of thing) and got on the right interstate. It wasn't as hard as we thought it was going to be.

It was just so nice to be able to get out of the house. I know I say this every time we get out, but it seems like we don't get out that often, so I really appreciate it when we do. Maci (our sitter last night) isn't quite as good as Anna, but the kids liked her and she did leave a very nice note for the kids saying how much fun she had.

No comments: