Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Oops!

I just made the realization that it's been several days since I last posted! What's wrong with me? LOL!

I started knitting again. I don't know why. I'm not very good at it but I really want to do something productive. Today, I made a blanket for Hannah's "baby George." (her favorite stuffed monkey. She was so cute. She'd come up to check my progress and squeal, "good job Mommy!" Too cute.

I guess it was a sort of craft day because the pipe cleaners and beads came out. I'm always amazed at how entertaining a bag of pipe cleaners is. Add the beads and they start making you stuff. Daniel made me a spider, a heart shaped bracelet and a tiara. He told me that I was a princess. I told him that he must be my prince if he's giving me a tiara. He then said that he can't be a prince because he's just a boy and I told him that was silly. He's definately my prince. He must have come up to me three other times later to ask if he was really a prince! LOL!

And now...I must figure out how to knit Daniel a monster alien.

6 comments:

the Joneses said...

Knitting? I'm impressed. I never learned how. Let me know how the alien comes out...

I got the craft bug, too. We made a teepee (now spelled tipi in our history book) out of newspaper rolls and baby towels. Then I made lots more newspaper rolls and put them together to form a geodesic dome, which turned out really cool. (I got the idea from Family Fun magazine.) I'm not sure how enriching it was for the kids, as they didn't do too much of it, but I had a ball.

-- SJ

Barbara said...

Here's my problem...I've got two sisters who are very good at things like knitting and crocheting (making socks, clogs, elaborate blankets...one can make her own yarn) so I feel more than a little inadequate since I can barely make a potholder! LOL! The beauty is that when you make something for the kids, it could be completely messed up and the kids don't care!

It does sound like you had a good time with the newspaper. I'm sure the kids did as well!

Anonymous said...

Good grief, Barb. It's not like our first projects were clogs, etc. LOL! Potholders and mini blankets and dishtowels are great. The whole purpose is to learn something new and to make what you want to make. If that's all you ever want to make, that's perfectly wonderful. I keep looking at the pile of fabric that is supposed to be a quilt for Mary Rose's room and I'm completely intimidated. That's something you do that I've never learned. Scrapbooking too.

Barbara said...

Hey, Deb...were you wanting to make patterns for the quilt or were you thinking something more like a nine patch? I like to do foundation piecing for the more elaborate stuff (guaranteed accurate) but I'll "freehand" (for lack of a better word) the fabric if it's just blocks. No need to be intimidated...quilts are just blocks that make up a whole. :)

Anonymous said...

"quilts are just blocks that make up a whole. :)"

I know, but... I am just thinking about making blocks. It's the same project I have been thinking about for like 3 years, LOL!

Susan said...

Hey Barb, I have a link somewhere to a knitted aliens pattern. I'll see if I can dig it up. BTW, we have a buttload of potholders I've made. They're great. I want my knitting stuff back!!!