Friday, January 26, 2007

I Shouldn't Have Said Anything!

Almost as soon as I pushed the "publish" button on my last post and was heading upstairs to clean, the phone rings. I look at the caller id and let out a big sigh.

"Hello?" I ask.
"Hi Barbara...it's Lisa (the school secretary). I know you didn't want to hear from me today, did you?"
"Who do you have in the nurse's office today?" I ask.
"It's Jacob again. Mrs. G said that he just looked really off. He's all curled up in a ball and not feeling well. I'm sorry to mess with your day...I know that you thought you could go back to normal, right?"
"It's okay. I'll be there in 10."

I hang up the phone, knowing that I'll pick him up and as soon as Daniel gets home, he'll be flitting around the house.

Hannah and I walk into the office to sign him out when Lisa apologizes again. I told her that it was fine. I go into the nurse's office and collect Jacob and his things (and try not to breathe around the plethora of sick children in there). As we walk out, we run into Mrs. G, Jacob's teacher. She told me that Jacob begged her to let him stay but she really thought that he should go home. He makes 10 kids in her class out today (I wonder if she's sending kids home to have an easy day...LOL!).

I did get the upstairs cleaned up...except for the bathrooms which I'll do this afternoon. Everyone's whiny and crabby...maybe we should all just take a nap.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yuck. I hope that you can get rid of the sickies this weekend and start next week fresh. Is it the flu?

wandachallon said...

Sorry to hear that Jacob is sick. I hope it doesn't go around the family.

We have a Tivo. It has entirely changed the way that we watch tv. We love it! Pretty much it records the show to a hard drive. You can start watching the beginning of the show before it is done recording (which I don't think you can do with a vcr). We usually try to start watching a show about 15 minutes after it starts recording so we can skip all the commercials and still be done around the time the show is over. The other nice thing is that no matter how many shows you record, you can watch them in any order you want to without sifting through tapes, etc. Tivo is so easy to program that even Ken could do it himself :). I could go on forever about Tivo, so let me know what else you want to know.

Barbara said...

Jacob's fine...I just think that the teachers are going a little overboard with kids that say they might not be feeling well since they've had a lot of flu going around. Luckily, that's not what he's had.

I forgot that you had a Tivo, Donna! You say that it's so easy that even Ken can do it...the real test is if Mike can do it! LOL! (sorry honey)