Sunday, January 21, 2007

Date Night

Even with all of the snow, Mike and I were able to go out. The kids actually said goodbye to us but were quick to go back to show Anna some toys. LOL!

The roads were icky but passable. He took me to a restaurant called 40 Sardines. They had the most unusual salads and entrees. Mike got a pear and cranberry salad with a citrus vinaigrette (ever hear of that before?!?) and I got a grilled artichoke and watercress salad. My chicken also came with fried artichokes, which were really tasty. I don't think I've eaten so many artichokes, ever! LOL! Neither one of us was brave enough to order the wild boar but we talked a lot about it! I love going to places like this...places that we could NEVER take the kids. After dinner, it was still snowing so we decided to head right home.

We come home and the house is actually cleaner than when we left. I love Anna. Not only is she really good with the kids, but she cleans, too!!! :) Love that.

BTW, if I had to guess, I'd say we got about 5 inches of snow last night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool sounding place. What an adventure.

Barbara said...

Mike and I had mentioned last night that it was a place we thought you and Jeff would like!