Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Brrrr!!!

It's freaking cold outside! The guy on the radio this morning proclaimed it minus 0 outside (it's really 8 degrees). Jacob told me yesterday that he missed Virginia winters. So do I, Jacob. So do I.

I did something to my finger this morning and it's all swollen. I didn't notice until it became difficult to bend. I wonder what's going on with it. Hmmm...

Hannah's decided that she doesn't want to get bigger (she's afraid she's going to hit the ceiling) so she doesn't want to eat. She usually says this after she's eaten so I don't think we have a whole lot to worry about.

Jacob brought home a math test yesterday in which they were working on volume. Mike and I were blown away by some of the questions (he passed the test, btw). Here's a couple of the questions:

4. Emily's bead has a volume of 15cc. She put in 40cc of water. What is the water level with both the bead and the water in the graduated cylinder? Show the water level by shading the graduated cylinder with your pencil. Write a number sentence to show how you got your answer.

6. Alex put 5 pebbles in the water. Altogether the 5 pebbles have a volume of 11cc. The graduated cylinder reads 83cc. How much water is in the graduated cylinder? Write a number sentence to show your answer.


I don't know if I could do these now, much less in second grade! LOL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was 4 degrees in Peoria this morning. Right now it's 8 degrees and Air Force 1 has just landed at the airport. So a frozen Bush gets to give a speech at Caterpiller this morning.

Barbara said...

He was here last week giving a speech at a local hospital.