Saturday, January 06, 2007

Adding To The Family

Our family got bigger by four tonight. We went to PetSmart tonight to see about getting some new fish for our tank. We walked out with two hermit crabs and two water crabs. Daniel chose hermit crabs and they were so cheap, we ended up getting two. Hannah and Jacob wanted the regular water crabs so they each got one. Jacob named his Pinchy, Hannah named hers Snow and Daniel named both of his Louie because he couldn't tell them apart. LOL! The good news was that we didn't have to buy a tank for Pinchy and Snow but we did have to buy a habitat for the Louies.

They really freak me out. You can't hold Pinchy or Snow but you can hold Louie and Louie. They are very bizarre to look at and watch walk across their tank. What have we gotten ourselves into this time?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's interesting Barb. When I was in 1st grade in Sterling, Il, cousin Ralph caught a crawdad for me in a creek. We took it home and mom put it in a bread pan. Jack and I named him "Mr. Pinchy".

(^__^)

Anonymous said...

The Louies, LOL. I hear they "sing". We caught a couple of hermit crabs on the beach in MS. We put them in a bucket and let them go the day we left. Very interesting.

Barbara said...

Hey Dad...Jacob got a kick out of that story! LOL!

We haven't heard them sing yet. That would probably end up freaking me out even more. LOL!!!

Susan said...

Are you going to get them decorated shells?

Barbara said...

Maybe...we'll have to see! They're creepy!

Susan said...

You HAVE to get them other shells. They have to change them out every so often, or they get sick.

Barbara said...

I know...we did buy bigger shells for them...I was saying that I didn't know about the decorated shells! LOL!