Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Happy Hump Day

I went out yesterday and got my Kansas driver's license. Okay, so I got a driver's receipt but that's neither here nor there. Here, they give you a temporary license and mail you your real one. I'm so afraid that I'm going to accidentally throw it away because it seriously looks like a receipt with my signature and photo on it. Hopefully, it'll come closer to the 5 days than the 45 days they say it can take.

I also went to HyVee for the first time since living in Iowa. I always hated the way their stores were set up...and it's the same here. Good thing there's a lot of choice here. I miss my bright and shiny Martin's with the Tree House and Easy Scan.

Dad told me yesterday that Ryne Sandburg was named the manager of the Chiefs. I've always loved Ryno...we'll definately be going to more Chiefs games this summer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love HyVee! I wish we had one. I've never seen dry ice at a grocery store before.

Congrats on the temporary license. Weird that it's a receipt.

I heard about Ryne Sandburg last night. Wow.

Barbara said...

You can have HyVee. Okay, so they sell dry ice and buffalo meat but I have never bought either! They have their refrigerated sections all over the store with the frozen stuff in the middle aisles. It took me ten minutes just to find the cheese...it's not by the milk and yogurt...it's on the other side of the store by the deli. But don't look for the bread by the bakery...it's on the same side of the store as the milk. Eggs are in a case next to the meat. Someone definately wanted people to have to walk all over the store to get stuff.

Anonymous said...

Buffalo meat? Hmmmmm. Wonder how Mom would cook that?

Oh, and there's this big ass snow
thrower in the garage right behind the Honda. I got the box out of the car, but had to eat lunch and get back to work.

Barbara said...

Yeah...they sell buffalo. All kinds...sausage, burgers, ground. At least they did in Iowa.

Anonymous said...

I love how dressed up everyone was too. You'll get used to the layout, I'm sure. How are the prices compared to VA or IL?