Thursday, November 30, 2006

So Freaking Cold!

Okay, so the kids had a snow day today. And with good reason. The back streets are still solid sheets of ice although the main streets are fine. Jim Cantore from the Weather Channel (I re-subscribed to the Notify service) has called me 4 times to remind me of the Heavy Snow Warning. The kids and I headed up to Super Target this morning to get hats/gloves and lots of other necessities for the snowstorm (milk, juice, snacks, etc). Boy, I have not missed this weather. Actual temperature outside is 15...wind chill is 0. Ugh.

It began snowing about an hour ago and it's really coming down. Big fat flakes. I'd be happier about the snow if it weren't so flipping cold! I guess I got spoiled in Virginia.

Our frontyard around 2:15 pm

Our backyard around 2:15 pm

The frontyard at 3:15 pm

Our backyard at 3:15 pm

It also seems as though the furnace is not working again. Nice. It's currently 63 degrees in the house...amazingly, the upstairs and the basement are warmer. The fireplace helps and I made some cookies so having the oven on helped too. The guy's on his way to fix it. I can't wait for it to be nice and warm again.

No comments: