Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Huh

Well, the boys are off at their new school. I was nervous because only one of our alarm clocks was unpacked but Mike called to give me a wakeup call and we were fine. We drove up to the school (apparently, no one takes the bus...in fact, I only saw one pull up to the school) and went into the office. The secretary walked us to the boys rooms and it suddenly became like I didn't even exist. When I left Jacob's room, he had been swarmed with kids offering to help. I hope he didn't get overwhelmed. Daniel was fascinated by the fact that another girl in his class had the same backpack he does. It was sad for me...just like a second first day for Daniel.

Their new school is nice but different. I know my way around their old school and I know how they do things. It's going to take me a while to get the hang of this new school...the voice mailbox (every student has one to get updates from the teacher), the carpooling, and the routine.

I don't know if Mike knows this but they have a Chess Club starting in 3rd grade. I just found that out today.

I took Oriana out this morning and that cat (it's a girl) was outside trying to get in. When we pulled in from taking the kids to school, I heard meowing as soon as I opened the car door and she tried to follow me into the house. Hannah was so upset about it and was yelling at the cat for trying to come in.

No comments: