Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Happy November

17 Days until the Move

We had an Open House this morning. I remember these Wednesday Open Houses from when we were selling the house in BG. Our realtor wanted to do it from 11-1pm. 10-noon would have been better but whatever. The house was sparkling when Hannah, Oriana and I headed out of the house. Of course, after we left I kept wondering if I did this or that. I know I did but it's like wondering if you turned off the coffee maker before you left for work (mine has a two hour timer so I don't have to worry about that anymore...not that I go to work or anything but whatever). Did I clean out the coffee maker? (I knew I had) Did I turn off the TV? (like our Realtor couldn't do it if I'd forgotten) I was driving myself nuts.

I took Hannah to the park (it was almost hot today!) for a while and then we headed back towards the house to get Daniel off of the bus. My cell phone rings and the lady on the other end asks if the house is available to show around 1. Fine. Now I've got to figure out what to do with the kids until 2pm. We killed a lot of time looking at the animals at the pet store. Daniel loved looking at the chinchillas. He also wanted to look at the "baby Tony's" Hannah loved looking at the kittens they had up for adoption. Daniel asked if we could take one home. I told him no. He then asked if we could get a brother for Guillermo after we move. I said I doubted it but we'd see. (No no no) It was so nice to be able to come home. We had about 15 realtor's cards on the table. Not bad.

Hannah kept telling me that her pillow was "stinky." I got tired of hearing it so I decided I was going to wash pillows and pillow cases today. Hannah was so excited when hers came out of the dryer. She was carrying it around procaliming it smelled good. I am actually pretty shocked at how well pillows do after being washed. I've always put them just in the dryer...never in the washer. It works well.

I also aired out the house today. Because it was over 70 degrees, all of the windows were opened. I had to get the "sick" out of the house. Too many germs in here. I hate winter. You can never get the house aired out unless you want to freeze. I've been known to do it, though. I aired out the house a lot during the winter in Iowa. It used to really make Mike mad. The kids got to play outside a lot this afternoon too. It was so nice to see them all outside playing. There was a gaggle of them outside playing tag. They were mad when I called them in at 5:30...it was almost completely dark outside. I think this will be the last day of warm for a while...the cold front comes through tonight and we're going to be in the 50's for the forseeable future.

No comments: