Sunday, October 29, 2006

Weekend in Review

20 Days until the Move

The wind has been howling here. It got so bad last night that it knocked the power out for about 4 hours. Thankfully, it was in the middle of the night and the kids were sleeping. Unfortunately, Daniel woke up and was freaked out. Before it went out completely, Mike and I heard beeping coming from downstairs and got a little spooked. We then realized that it was the answering machine. I've never seen the house so dark. Even when all of the lights are off, you still get a little bit of light from the clocks and from the neighbor's outside lights. It was eerie.

Jacob had been begging to go to the Halloween Party at the high school all Friday evening and most of Saturday. We got the kids dressed in their costumes and headed over. We found out the hard way that it's actually on Monday! LOL! Mike asked me if I had checked the flyer that came home and I said I did but I didn't check the date. I had believed Jacob when he said it was on Saturday. Jacob was so embarrassed. He ran to the car and sulked. We told him it was no big deal...we'd just come back on Monday. That seemed to make him feel better.

Mike bought a Johnny Cash CD last night. He had to have Folsom Prison Blues and I've Been Everywhere on it. It took some searching, but he found one with both. I laughed so hard when I took the CD out of it's case to play in the car and saw a picture of Johnny Cash flipping me the bird under the CD. I said, "oh, that's nice," and handed it to Mike to look at. I think he was confused at first and then he says, "why would they pick that picture of him?" 'Cause he was a bad ass. He was also having a hard time wrapping his mind around the fact that Johnny Cash recorded a song with U2. Yep, it's the real U2. LOL!

Another weekend with no showings. This market is so dead. It's just crazy. I knew it was bad I just didn't believe it was this bad. Mike's set up most of the utilities for the new house...we got a good deal for digital cable (bye bye satellite), digital phone and internet all from the same company. Way cheaper than if we just did each one on their own. It was strange to kill three birds with one stone. I still feel like we're forgetting to hook up something. If you didn't get our new address or phone number, let me know and I'll send it to you.

Mike's going to head to the airport an hour early to try to figure out how to board the animals. Then, we have to figure out how to pick them up from the airport in Kansas. It was so much easier last time...they came and picked the animals up from the house. Of course, they picked up Air Animal's tab...I can't imagine how expensive it is to use them since we never saw a bill. I wish that they still used them. It would make our lives so much easier.

No comments: