Sunday, October 08, 2006

New House!!!!!!

After a weekend of negotiations, we have an accepted offer on the house in Kansas!!! Yay us! The yard is smaller there than it is here but the house is a lot bigger...and we have a basement! :)

The house is about 4 years old (the youngest house we've ever lived in) and a fairly new deck. The basement has a full bath, a bedroom (for a total of 5), a bar with a sink and lots of storage. The first floor has a half bath, the utility room (I was really hoping for one on the second floor), kitchen, dining room, etc. The upstairs has two full baths and four bedrooms. We're excited because they're leaving the fridge and washer/dryer.

Mike says there are 5 sahm's and 28 children on the street (he asked a neighbor). We're also in the school district we wanted. It's a little further away from Mike's job than we'd hoped but it's not anywhere near as far as he was here. But we also don't have an HOA which is a huge plus. Mike says the yard needs some work but it's always good to have a project (Mike hates my gardening projects). I'll e-mail those who need to know our new address after we get through inspections and all of the other little details (I will not be posting it here, however).

Now...if we could just get a buyer on this house.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray, Barb! I know it has to be a load off your mind. I'm glad you have a basement, I couldn't imagine living in Kansas without one. Gardening is the fun part, right?

Susan said...

We aren't going to speak of gardening! LOL I'm glad you found something. Just remember, if you can't sell your house, the relo company takes it, right?

Barbara said...

I love the gardening part! Mike says there's a corner flower bed that he wants to take out...inside I'm screaming NOOOO!!! LOL! And yes, ultimately, it's okay if we don't find a buyer for our house but it's better if we do. We'd really like to sell it ourselves.

Anonymous said...

A little closure, huh? Even if you don't sell it before you move, you did all you could to make it attractive.

Anonymous said...

Great news!!! I think we are giving up - our house has been on the market since Feb and nothing - Nov 3rd is it - that is when the last listing extension expires and we are done after that. To make matters worse our builder has started the next phase and he is a full $10,000 less than us in price. UGH!

By the way, I am going to assume given the tome of that last email that was Mike's writing - women and men we are so different!!!!

Barbara said...

LOL!!! Yeah, that's Mike. He definately gets a lot more technical than I do.

Barbara said...

Oh, and Michelle...I'm sorry about your house. I know you really wanted to move out of Sovereign Village. That sucks.