Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Happy Hump Day!

Happy Wednesday everyone! Okay, so what's been going on besides me fighting with people? Hmmm...

Jacob has been dealing with a bug that I think he's finally kicked. On Monday, he was running a 102 fever and I kept him home from school. I decided to keep him home from school yesterday as well. His fever wasn't as high (99 degrees) but I didn't want him to be sick at school. That's just no fun. I guess Gavin and Nathan were both sent home from school Monday, although they both went to school yesterday. Gavin is spending a sick day at home today. Now, I'm waiting for Daniel to get it.

Daniel had a game last night and it was our turn to bring snack. I completely forgot until about 4:30 yesterday, so I got Daniel dressed and we headed to Martin's. As soon as we get there, Hannah starts screaming that she wants to go to the Tree House (the child care area). I keep telling her that we're only going to be there for 5 minutes so there's no need. She keeps crying and whatnot, so I finally give in.

We head over to the Tree House and get Hannah checked in. The boys don't want to go in and that's fine with me. They get everything ready and hand me the walkie talkie. I then hear a little voice say, "Hi Miss Barbara." I look in and there's Luke and Jake staring at me. I say, "hi Luke," and Jacob and Daniel are suddenly all about the Tree House. The lady laughs and checks them in too. I ask the boys if their mom was in the store and they say yes. I say okay and head to get snacks and drinks.

After getting what I had gone there for, I decide to look for Donna. I find her in the last aisle (of course). We get to talking and I walk with her while she finishes some of her shopping. She tells me that Jake's birthay is this Saturday and that she's planning a Lego party for him. Luke's birthday is in December but she wants to have his party before we leave so that Jacob and Daniel can come. How sweet is that? I wanted to cry.

So, after the game, Jacob's not feeling well and everyone's tired and crabby. I run the tub and Daniel starts crying that he's forgotten his toys. It's always something. He throws this huge temper tantrum in the tub. I'd had it so I pulled him out of the tub and he was pissed. I sat down with him and we had a nice (one sided) talk about listening, following directions and temper tantrums. I informed him that if he cannot follow directions and stay in bed, he'll be going to bed before everyone else from now on because I've had it with him not listening to me. I told him that if he can stay in his bed and do as he's told while I get Jacob and Hannah ready for bed, I'll give him another shot tomorrow. He agrees.

An hour later, Hannah's upstairs playing and running around. I go up there and Daniel's still awake, but playing quietly in his bed doing exactly as he was told (I knew he could do it!). Hannah gets a spank on the butt and I decide to openly praise Daniel for the great job he's doing. If he had smiled any bigger, his face would have split in half. He was so proud of himself. I made sure to say something to him this morning too...I don't know if it'll last, but now I know that he can listen.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Yeah because any time someone posts a comment, I get an e-mail with that comment in it. Otherwise, I'd never know if someone posted on an old post! LOL!