Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!!!

18 Days until the Move

BWAHAHAHA! It's Halloween!

We didn't get to go to the Halloween party at the high school last night because Jacob was still so sick. Hannah fell asleep on the couch somewhere around 7pm and Jacob asked to go to bed not long after. Daniel took a bath and then hit the sack at about 7:45. It was bizarre to have a quiet house so early in the evening. I took the opportunity to clean the house. It looked great until the kids woke up this morning. Oh well.

Jacob woke up feeling better and begging to go to school. It doesn't hurt that his class has a field trip to the apple orchard today or that it's Halloween. Honestly, I probably would have kept him home another day if it hadn't been a "special" day but whatever. I have a feeling he'll be wiped out when he gets home.

They're coming to retest the air in the crawlspace today. I just want to get this over with. I'm done.

Mike got me hooked on Family Jewels, a reality show about Gene Simmons...yes, from KISS. Oh, and Mike, I did get it taped for you! I guess I was expecting to see something like The Osborne's, which is incredibly painful to watch. Family Jewels is really, really funny. They are actually very intelligent and, well, funny. One of my favorite lines is when they are getting a family portrait done and the photographer offers Sophie (his daughter) a "sexy black dress" to wear. Sophie looks at the photographer and says, "I'm 13. I don't do sexy." Or when Shannon tells Gene that, "YOU'RE MY BOYFRIEND!" LOL! They are amazingly normal.

Anyway, enjoy Halloween everyone...I'll post pictures later tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's too bad that the party at the high school wasn't on Saturday night when Jacob thought it was.

Was Jacob's fever gone this morning? I don't send my kids back to school until their fever has been gone 24 hours.

Barbara said...

Yeah...his fever was just yesterday morning. The rest of the day, he was just run down. He woke up this morning with no fever either...when he got off of the bus this afternoon, he looked really tired. He said that he felt fine all day until he got on the bus to come home. I'm trying to encourage him to take a nap before trick-or-treating but he's not going for it. I have a feeling it's going to be an early night.