Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Conferences

I had a conference with both Jacob and Daniel's teacher tonight. The only concern with Jacob's teacher was that he's easily upset. She was worried that it was just for her. I told her that he's like that for everyone. She seemed relieved. She's not worried about him academically at all.

Daniel's teacher told me that Daniel is very serious and is critical of himself in class. LOL! Really? That's too funny. It cracks me up that Jacob is the same child at school that he is at home but Daniel is completely different. I've personally had parents tell me the same thing when I was teaching and I could never understand how a child could be a total angel at school and a nightmare at home. Now I get it. I guess he and another little boy kind of push each other along. She told me that he's a really smart cookie. She said that his lack of paying attention comes from the fact that he likes to multi task. He'll be doing one thing and she thinks she's caught him not listening or paying attention and she'll ask him a question and he'll answer her without skipping a beat. She did tell me that he tends to get bored pretty easily and she's constantly trying to find ways to keep his head in the game. That's my boy! :)

No comments: