Wednesday, September 06, 2006

So Freaking Tired

Our realtor came by on Saturday to get going on listing the house. I asked him to go through and tell us what else needs to be done. Lots of little things: change out burnt light bulbs, a good vacuuming, etc. There were three biggies on the list: power wash the deck, paint the laundry room and neutralize the family room by repainting that too. Ugh. Mike went over to Wayne and Cheryl's and borrowed their pressure washer and got to work on the deck before he left on Monday.

Unfortunately, we were only able to get half of it done before he headed back. Not that power washing the deck is hard, it's just very tedious. I also thought that I would surprise Mike by going forward with painting the two rooms (that was blown this afternoon, which is why I'm blogging about it). I got the laundry room done on Monday night and the Family room done yesterday. I even patched the torn dry wall behind the chair where the bunny nibbled on it. I also finished the power washing yesterday as well (did a little touch up this morning-also power washed the barstools). I'm sore, tired and I stink like wet from my jeans getting soaked (I'm too lazy to change). I also made the realization that in the two years we've lived here, I've painted the:

dining room
kitchen
laundry room
family room (twice)
front entry
stairwell
upstairs hallway
4 bedrooms

I really wish Jacob didn't have baseball tonight.

Bizarre fact of the day: If humans had tongues like chameleons, we would be able to shoot them out 11 feet. In addition, we would also be able to pick up the equivalent of a 19 pound sack of potatoes...WITH OUR TONGUES!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will be worth it, won't it?

Barbara said...

I hope so. I guess we'll see.