Thursday, September 07, 2006

So Annoying

Jacob had his first fall ball baseball game last night. He did really well. At one point, he was told to play catcher. The look on his face was priceless. I'm sure he was thinking, "crap...how did I get stuck with this?" They put all of the garb on him and he was too precious in that mask. He did awesome. He also got a hit. He was excited about that. After the game, I asked him if he liked playing catcher and he said, "no. I hated it. I got hit in the chin!" It's too bad. I really think he'd be good there.

Tonight was Daniel's first fall ball game. This was really the first meeting of all of us since we had all of the rain. Daniel did much better. He played first and actualy paid attention to what was going on. He also had a couple of good hits and actually ran to the bases. At the point where he was running from third to home, he ran past home and started running back to first. He didn't understand that he needed to go back to the dugout. It was really funny.

I'm sitting, watching the game when these two moms sit down next to me and talk through the whole game. They have first graders who don't go to the same school as Jacob but are in the same school district. They're going on and on about how it sucks that they don't have teachers aides anymore and going on, saying terrible things about the school. They start talking about the Swish program (they give the kids an ACT rinse once a week if you sign up for it) and how obnoxious it is, especially since they are only doing it in October. They had a lot of the facts wrong, so I chimed in and told them how the program actually worked (Jacob did it last year - it's actualy year round and the kids look forward to it). They look at me like I have three heads. One of them looked at me and said, "we have flouridated water. What's the point?" The other one says, "well, our paper said it's only for October NOT for the whole year." Whatever. They then start commenting on how t-ball should be run. How it's so stupid that they let all of the kids hit and don't call outs. Shouldn't they all (even the outfielders) be wearing helmets!?! I was so thankful when Hannah came up and told me that she had to use the bathroom. It's going to be a long season.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Grow some stones, Barb. Be the mom that gets kicked out! LOL