Friday, August 04, 2006

Ugh

I'm feeling so overwhelmed right now. I didn't want to bring dirty shoes onto my freshly scrubbed laundry room floor so I left them outside. When I went to take the dog out, I slipped on the shoes, twisted my ankle and fell on my ass. I now have a beautiful black and blue bruise on my butt and my left foot is killing me.

Hannah came to sleep with us last night (the boys were at a sleep over) and insisted on hugging and kissing me for about an hour. It was really cute but it kept me up. She then woke up around 7am and has been a royal crab ever since.

I had my board meeting here this morning and everything was good until the boys came home from their sleepover. The volume in this house became insane. Daniel and Jacob were screaming at each other and I had to send Daniel to his room. Hannah was screaming for a popsicle and finally had to go in time out for yelling at me.

After everyone left, Jacob, Daniel and Hannah all started getting into it with each other. Fighting and hitting. Ugh. Then I accidentially gave Hannah ketchup (she normally loves it) and she freaked out crying for 20 minutes. I'm not kidding. 20 minutes. Jacob's screaming that his neck hurts, Daniel's screaming that he's starving, Hannah's screaming to be screaming and the dog's begging to go outside. At this point, I would love to run far, far away.

A funny story from this morning, though...I fed the caterpillars before I went to bed last night but I guess they were out of food when Mike was leaving for work so he gave them random leaves. They weren't happy with that and hadn't been eating. I looked in there to take out the old leaves and give them new and I could only find two caterpillars (we had three). I thought that the third had to be in there somewhere so I didn't think much of it. I was doing dishes when I looked on the window sill and saw the third caterpillar crawling around. I scooped him up and put him back in the bug catcher. I thought it was funny.

Ugh...the kids are fighting again. I hope this day gets better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that your butt feels better. My kids have been driving me crazy this week too.