Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Tomato Plants and Caterpillars

Rooms Completed: 12 of 13
Closets Completed: 5 of 5
Garbage Bags Today: 4
Total Garbage Bags: 33 1/2

51 Days until GA Season 3

We were out watering the tomato plants when Jacob discovered two caterpillars on one of the plants. It took me a while to see them since they blended into the foliage so well. Jacob asked if we could keep them, and since I wanted them off of my tomato plants, I said yes. We cut off the small branch that they were on and placed them in the bug catcher. They are hungry little buggers. Amazingly, they are still alive today and munching their way through all of the leaves we can give them. I know nothing about caterpillars so I have no idea what kind they are. Jacob desperately wants them to spin cocoons and turn into butterflies. I have no idea if that will happen. It would be very cool if it did. With my luck, they're some weird poisonous caterpillar. That would suck.

No comments: