Tuesday, August 22, 2006

*Sigh*

Yesterday, the kids went outside to play and we saw James, Gavin and Trenton playing baseball in their backyard. I could tell that Jacob wanted to hit too but was too afraid to ask. I went up to James and asked if Jacob could play and he immediately called him over. Jacob really shocked James with his hitting. Hell, he shocked me! James was telling him to try to hit it in a certain bucket and while he never actually got it in the bucket, he came very close. I was so proud.

I walked back over to our yard and I heard Hannah scream. She kept yelling that she had a splinter and then her signature lines of..."don't touch it!" and "weave it awone!" So I really never got a good look. Alicia, Caroline and Savanna came walking down the street and we started talking. Hannah wouldn't let me put her down. Alicia was able to take a look at her foot and told me that it looked like Hannah had been stung by a bee. Sure enough, her little toe was all swollen. If it's gonna happen to someone's foot, it's going to happen to Hannah. Alicia recommended that I make a paste of baking soda and put it on...sure enough it made her feel better. She's walking fine today and it doesn't appear to be swollen so I think we're good.

As we speak, Stanley Steamer is here cleaning the upstairs carpets. What a freaking difference. This guy is very cool. Mike taught me the art of dealing with service people (I always thought I was good with them, but he's a pro!) and I was able to get better than $150 worth of services for $40!

We talked with Relo today (the lady's from Dixon...how cool is that?!?)...I think we're on track to list next week. Still so much left to do. Realtors will be calling, hopefully today, to do their market analysis so that we can choose who we want to do the listing...we have to get appraisers and inspectors in here as well. I'm a little annoyed with the whole inspection thing. Whatever they find, we have to fix. That sucks. Landscapers are coming out this afternoon at 4pm to give us an estimate and I still have to get the family room carpet set up. Ugh.

Okay...I need to get off of the computer now and get to work.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Barb, the silver works on stings and bites, too.

Barbara said...

Crap...and I have that! I didn't even think about it!