Friday, August 25, 2006

I Had a Headache The Size of Pluto...

Therefore, it must not have been a headache!!! LOL!!!

Unfortunately, I really did have a headache that was cured when I finally hooked up my coffee IV! I hate how addicted to it I am! That damn coffee cartel! There really should be a law...

My day's not over yet, but it's been insane (although productive). We ran out this morning and picked up Daniel's physical form from the doctor. Honestly, I was expecting it to be incredibly detailed but it wasn't! They made a printout of his shotlist and the doctor signed it. The part I had to fill out was 10 times longer than what they had to fill out! Monday my ass!

After picking it up, we ran over to the school to drop it off. Jacob was excited to see his music and PE teachers, both of which came over to talk. We handed the physical form to one of the secretaries and I asked her if she could tell me who Daniel's teacher is. She said yes and told me. I didn't recognize the name and she told me that her picture was out front in the Hall of Teachers. Looking at the teachers, both of the ones Jacob's had are no longer there. His kindergarten teacher had a baby over the summer and is no longer teaching (sounds familiar) and his first grade teacher moved to Japan. Should be interesting.

We came home and I fixed the kids lunch. 3 minutes later, there was a knock at the door. I was freaking out because the realtor wasn't due for another 45 minutes. It was the termite inspector. I knew he was coming today but I swear he was coming around 4. Anyway, he goes off to do the inspection and comes back a very short time later and tells me we have a small area that has termites. WHAT?!? They can be back tomorrow to fix it. They haven't done any damage to anything structural so it's not going to be a big deal. At least that's what he tells me. Our relo consultant tells me that as long as it's fixed, we're good. The realtor tells me that it really isn't that big of a deal and that it's not going to effect anything. Okay. Let's just get the bugs out of the house.

Speaking of the realtor, we met with the second one today. I was hell bent on not liking him but he really seemed to have his act together. We went through the house and he took very detailed notes about all aspects of the house, something the other realtor didn't do. He told me that if we give him the listing, we'll go through the house again with a fine tooth comb and he'll tell us what we can do to make the house look even better. I asked the other realtor about doing that since a fresh pair of eyes will catch things we look over and she told me that the house looks good...there's no need. He kept telling me that he really wants our listing...she kept telling me about how many houses she already had in her inventory. I had really liked her when she was here but the more I think about it, the more I like Dan. I guess we'll see.

Mike and I spoke with a realtor in Kansas last night. The good thing about Mike being there already is that he was able to talk to people and learn where it is that we want to be. The realtor sent us both links to houses that meet our criteria and I think we were very pleasantly surprised at what we'll be able to get. Some of the houses were just awful, though. The house hunting is the fun part! The house sale sucks...

No comments: