Monday, August 07, 2006

Falling Down

It was insanely hot again today so when the kids asked if they could play in the sprinkler, I was happy to set it up for them. They were playing in it for a while when I decided to move it to another spot in the yard. (Mike, you're going to love this) I was walking backwards with it when I stumbled on Jacob's bike. I felt myself start to fall back but thought that I was going to be able to save myself. No such luck. I almost did a backwards somersault on the driveway. I landed (in a big puddle from the sprinkler) on my butt and the momentum kept me going...legs up in the air...shoulders on the ground. I picked my wet (I was soaked on the back of my shorts and all up the back of my shirt) self up and looked across the street to see the elderly gentleman hurrying across the street screaming "are you okay?" I was horrified. It was bad enough that I fell like that but even worse that I was seen falling like that. How embarrassing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet you are sore tomorrow. You're having a little balance problem lately, arn't you? ;)

Barbara said...

LOL! I'd be concerned if I were dizzy or lightheaded...lucky for me I'm just clumsy!

Susan said...

You need to learn how to roll. LOL

Barbara said...

I just didn't want to hit my head on the driveway! I was going so fast that I probably would have knocked myself out!