Monday, June 26, 2006

Vacation

Well, we're here in Buffalo Grove for the second leg of our 2 week tour of Illinois. I would have posted while we were in Peoria but Dad's got his computer on lockdown and I couldn't get onto Blogger. Oh well. Anyway...

We had a nice visit in Peoria. As always, it seemed too short. Dad took the kids fishing at Glen Oak Lagoon one day and Jacob was so upset that he didn't get a fish. He claims it was the bait. The fish seemed to love the bait. I don't know.

The Old English Faire was a lot of fun...well...not for Jacob but it was for everyone else. Hannah and Daniel had their faces painted and all enjoyed home made root beer. That was Jacob's favorite part.

Mom and Dad took us to Hi Ho Mongolian Grill for dinner. The kids loved it. Hannah didn't look up from her bowl for a good 10 minutes. Daniel, after eating all of his shrimp, would pick out veggies and scream "carrots?!? I love carrots!" and then eat them. He did that with pretty much every veggie in his bowl.

We also went to Forest Park Nature Center with Deb and the girls. As promised, we saw a deer and a wild turkey. It was pretty amazing. We packed a picnic lunch and after walking the trails for a little while, we ate. It was a fun day.

Deb and the girls also came over and played in the sprinkler. Elmo seemed to be a big hit with everyone. I think that was the day that I discovered that you can put chicken nuggets on a salad. Pretty tasty! :)

We also had some scary moments in Peoria...Jacob ended up in the ER at one point, complaining of a stomach ache. They gave him IV fluids, did blood work, urine tests and discovered there was nothing wrong with him. Hopefully, we won't have to ever deal with that again.

Then, I pulled Hannah's elbow out. We've had this happen with Jacob so I knew what it was when it happened to Hannah. I just didn't know if I could pop it back in. Mom called Deb and reassured me that everything would be okay and I took care of it. Dad desperately wanted me to take her to the ER but I was not going to make two ER runs in the same week. Luckily, it popped back in and all was good.

I'll post pictures after we get back in. I'll also update on the BG leg of the trip later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention about one of Dad's air conditioner babies leaving the nest. The kids were fascinated watching the mom come back and feed it.

That chicken nugget salad was mighty tasty with the blue cheese dressing - yum!

We had a great time and miss you already! Did Mike look at my house yet?

Susan said...

You can put almost anything in a salad. Gotta love it! Glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Well, I am glad you are having fun but we miss you back here in Virginia!!!