Wednesday, May 31, 2006

We're All Tired

*My neighbor, Donna, and I set up a playdate for her kids and my kids today. Daniel's been looking forward to this for a while now...Luke and Jake were his best friends until they moved a few weeks ago (they just moved across town). Donna and Jake came by a little early and we chatted while we waited for Luke's school bus to arrive (he still rides the same bus home). While we were chatting, the phone rang. It was the school telling me that Jacob was in the nurse's office with a stomach ache, can I come get him? Donna told me she'd watch Daniel and Hannah while I went up to the school. I'm not exactly sure what was wrong but he looked horrible when I picked him up. We get home, he mopes in the corner for a little bit and then acts like there's nothing wrong. My thought is, whatever, there's only a few more days of school anyway. The five kids played in the sprinkler for about 1 1/2 hours and then came in to play. They went back outside when the school bus arrived, dropping off the rest of the neighbor kids. They rode bikes for a while and came inside to relax a little. All five looked like they were going to fall asleep. Gavin comes in and desperately tries to get all of the kids to go out with him to play. They finally agree when Donna pulls up to pick up Luke and Jake.

All three of them ate most, if not all, of their dinner tonight and are now hanging out watching Doogal. I love summer...the kids play so hard and are exhausted by the end of the day!!!

*I finished reading The Davinci Code this morning. At first, I couldn't understand what all of the fuss was about. My "ah ha" moment came about half way through. I found it a really good work of fiction. Now I need to find something a little lighter to read.

No comments: