Monday, May 22, 2006

Missing: One Stuffed Cow

Jacob essentially cried himself to sleep last night because he lost his stuffed cow. The boy has a million stuffed critters in bed with him...so many that I don't know how he fits into it...but it was the cow he wanted. :( We looked and looked...no cow. Hopefully, it'll turn up today.

Yesterday was a busy day. I took Jacob to Sunday School and went to the grocery store for a side for the picnic. We had asked the father of a little girl in Jacob's class to watch Jacob for me because Hannah was going to Caroline's birthday party. It turned out that we didn't need him because there was just enough time between the two.

After the picnic, we headed to Scoops (a popular birthday place all of the sudden) for Caroline (a neighbor's little girl who will be 3). Luckily, Gavin and Addy were there as company for Jacob and Daniel. Actually, most of the kids there were Jacob's age...not surprising since most of the kids in the neighborhood are in the 6/7 age range. The kids begged and begged for me to play that crane game for them and on the first try, I got two animals in one shot. Then, I couldn't get anything. I told Jacob that we were going to go to Target so that I could pick up some cleaning supplies, so he could get a small stuffed animal there (the cow).

I then came home and cleaned. And cleaned. And had the kids clean. I have to say that the cleaning award went to Daniel yesterday...his room looked amazing when he was done! I made the discovery that Jacob hoards candy in his room. In every corner, high and low, there was a bag. Easter candy, Halloween candy, Christmas candy. Everywhere. My guess is that the intention was to hide it from Daniel and Hannah and then he forgot about it. It made me laugh.

I picked up a copy of The DaVinci Code and can't put it down. As a fiction, it's pretty good so far. I can tell that once I really get into it, it'll be hard to put down. I feel lame that I haven't read it before now.

Today, I'm killing time until I have to take Daniel to his gymnastics field trip. I really should go clean up the dog pee on the carpet...

No comments: