Thursday, April 20, 2006

Kids Quotes

Some funny things the kids have said/done this week:

I was making dinner so I had the kids playing on the deck so that I could watch Hannah. Daniel walks into the kitchen:
D: Can I go play in the backyard?
Me: No, you need to stay on the deck so that Hannah doesn't get all upset.
D: Please can I go in the backyard?
Me: I said no. You can after dinner.
D: That's okay. I'll just wait until you aren't paying attention and I'll sneak off when you aren't looking.
Me: Thanks for your honesty. If you do that, you'll be inside for the rest of the night.
D: Oh man.


Jacob was so excited to go back to school this week. He probably got up when Mike left and was just waiting until my alarm went off. At about 7:15, he comes into my bedroom and says:
J: Hey Mom?
Me: Yes, Jacob.
J: I have school today.
Me: I know, honey.
J: It's time for you to get up.
Me: (I'm thinking...but I have 15 more minutes!!!!!!)


I was getting the kids PJ's out this evening when Hannah walks up to me with a can of soda from the fridge. (I just thought it was cute)
H: Hi Mom!
Me: Hi Hannah!
H: I got soda
Me: Honey, you can't have a soda right now
H: Iss for you!
Me: It's for me?
H: Yeah. Iss soda
Me: Oh, thank you.
H: Drink it. Iss good! You thirsty?
Me: Not right now, but I'm sure I will be
H: But iss soda!

When we pulled up to the restaurant where we were meeting Michelle and Jonathan for lunch today, Daniel was all upset.
D: Is this where we're having lunch?
Me: Yep!
D: But this isn't the Japanese steakhouse!
Me: No, this is the Texas Steakhouse.
D: I don't want the Texas Steakhouse. I want the Japanese one.

No comments: