Sunday, March 05, 2006

Let The Cleaning Begin (and other observations)

Hannah went to Jake's birthday party yesterday and had a great time. She was eager to do every part of the party...balloon popping, pin the tail on the donkey, pinata...she was a mad woman with that pinata. All of the kids were so darn cute and since most of the girls there are in my playgroup, the conversation was easy.

We come home to find the house trashed. Not really any more trashed than normally occurs on the weekend, actually, it might have been a little better than normal, but I can't take it anymore. I went to Target and stocked up on cleaning supplies so that I can begin Spring Cleaning today. I even bought gloves that have aloe inside (the package says that the more you wear them, the better your hands feel) and a new broom. I stocked up on toilet cleanser, Magic Erasers, Pine Sol, Windex, a new bucket, Swiffer stuff and bathroom cleanser. (Thanks, Sue, for talking me through Target...yes, I was one of "those people" who putter through a store on the phone) Unfortunately, the cleaning bug I had yesterday seems to have passed today and I can't get off of my butt to start. I have my plan of action all drawn up and ready to go...I'm just not ready. Another cup of coffee, and I might be.

Reading the Sunday Post this morning I was shocked to see that there's a huge article about Bradley and the MVC on the front page of the sports section. Bradley and SIU are going to be playing for the MVC championship...should make life in this house very interesting. If only I could find the kids Bradley shirts! Ordinarily, I couldn't care less about basketball but when my team makes the Post, how exciting is that? Sorry, honey, but this is war and I don't really care if SIU needs this win...I'm rooting for Bradley. You know you'd do the same in my shoes.

GO BRAVES!!!!!!!!

No comments: