Sunday, February 12, 2006

Strange

Color me surprised. I was anticipating that Jacob's school wouldn't have school tomorrow. I was talking on the phone with my Mom when my cell phone buzzed. The message said that our school district is on a two hour delay tomorrow. Okay...I can do that. If there's a two hour delay, that means Daniel doesn't have school. They follow Jacob's school district and there's no point to preschool when there's more than a one hour delay. At least that's what the Parent Handbook says. The boys listen to the radio while they are falling asleep. I had gone upstairs to fetch a hamper when I heard them start to read delays and closings for tomorrow. They again confirmed that Jacob's on a two hour delay. They then start reading the preschool closings. I hear some of my friends kids' schools are closed and wait for Daniel's to be announced. When they get to it, they announce a two hour delay! WHAT?!? Are you kidding me? That means that I drop Daniel off at school at 11:15 and pick him up at 12:30. The only thing that I can think of as a reasoning is that they were scheduled to have their Valentine's Day party tomorrow and didn't want to put it off until Wednesday. That's going to throw a wrench in my whole day. I could keep him home but I would hate for him to miss his party. The whole thing just seems wierd to me.

No comments: