Monday, February 20, 2006

Blah Blah Blah

Woke up this morning feeling gross. I think I have a sinus infection. :( It could just be a cold. Pretty sure I have a tumor growing in my nose (I know it's not a tumor). At least I hope it's not a tumor.

Jacob and Daniel are both out of school today for President's Day. I keep having this feeling that they're supposed to be in school so I keep checking the calendar. Yep...no school today.

I'm hoping that box 1 of my Pampered Chef order comes today. I got boxes 2-4 on Friday. Of course, box 1 has everything I need to distribute the goods. Figures. I hope it comes today because a couple of the girls who ordered are coming over tomorrow for Birthday Club (what was I thinking when I agreed to host this?!?). It would make things so much easier if I could give them their stuff tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing two of my playgroup friends (it's my playgroup just as much as it is Hannah's!) tomorrow...been desperate to dish about last night's Grey's Anatomy (what Monday post would be complete without a reference to GA?). The only thing that seperates me from a 16 year old girl right now is the lack of Patrick Dempsey posters in the bedroom. I don't think Mike would go for that! We were laughing last night about how the obsession with GA reminds us of a Seinfeld episode. The one where Jerry doesn't want to admit to his girlfriend that he watches Melrose Place and she gives him a lie detector test..."that Michael, he's so smug!" Last night's episode did give a pretty good line from Christina, "did he just call him a crack whore?" I guess you had to see it. Poor Sue, I think I forced her to watch the episode last night (it comes on in the hour following us since she's in mountain time) and I was desperately trying to watch vicariously through her. It doesn't work well when a)she doesn't know who the characters are and b)you're im'ing on the computer.

Gotta drive to the dump today since we filled our garbage cans to the max over the weekend. At least we don't have to pay $1.25 for every additional bag like we did in Iowa. I do miss the curbside recycling. That was nice.

2 comments:

the Joneses said...

I know why you volunteered to host Birthday Club. Because you're a compulsive hostess and only after committing yourself do you stop and realize, "Oh, darn, that's the day I'm getting home from our ten-day trip..."

-- SJ

Barbara said...

LOL! Luckily, I haven't done that in a while!