Friday, February 10, 2006

Are We Really Going To Get That Much?

According to the news, the storm that's heading for us is going to bring us 9-12 inches of snow. He says that it's going to be the worst snowstorm in 3 years. A little nervous because I can't get the snowblower started but I've got all day to work on it since they say it's not going to start in earnest until evening. Looks like I may have all of the kids most of next week!

Had my workshop tonight...it was fun because in addition to my regulars, two new ladies came bringing the total to 5. I'd had 7 signed up but 2 had to cancel (one for sick kids and the other because she forgot and said she'd sub for bunko - lol! Somehow, it's my fault!). The kids were good considering Mike wasn't here to help. I popped some popcorn for them and popped in Wallace and Grommit. They were very happy. I already have 5 on my list for next month!

The girls and I were talking about how to fit everyone in my dining room for Passover. We are planning on having 10 adults (including us) and 11 children, if everyone can make it. My poor dining room table can fit 8, but I'd like everyone to have a little more room. I think it was Debora who said that they were planning on buying a long folding table that they could bring and Barbra can bring some folding chairs if needed. Now that I think about it, I don't think that we would really need a long folding table. I think that a card table would do. I realize that it's not for a couple of months yet but if I don't start planning it now, it'll sneak up on me and I'll be in trouble.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Could you put the kids in a different room? Don't get buried!

the Joneses said...

Don't know how it is out your way, but we have about, oh, zero accumulation here. If we're going to get 9 inches, then it had better get busy overnight.

-- SJ

Barbara said...

Right now, there isn't even any on the grass. And it's been snowing for a couple of hours. WINC still says 3 inches this afternoon and up to 10 more tonight! I'll believe it when I see it! Of course, you Stephens City people march to your own drummer! ;)

Anonymous said...

When we have a big crowd, I just add card tables or long tables to the end of our dining room table. You could add a long table, make an "L" shape into the entry way that way you wouldn't be so crowded. Love to all. Bobbi and Eddie.

Barbara said...

We always put the kids in the living room so they can eat and play as they please. We're going to put a card table on the end of the dining room table...there will be plenty of room