Monday, May 03, 2010

It's May Already???

I have a love/hate relationship with the month of May. I love it because Spring's in full swing and the flowers are starting to bloom. The trees have their leaves and it's getting warmer and warmer outside. May's also the beginning of the end of the school year. Of course, that's where the hate begins.

I hate the wind-down. The end of the school year. The parent volunteer luncheons, 5th grade farewell, final concerts, the teacher retirement parties. The end of the Scouting year (both Cub and Girl Scouts). The end of the Sunday School year. The end of the Hebrew School year. Trying to get everything all wrapped up before the end. Then, trying to get all registered for the next year. Ugh! The mountains and mountains of paperwork that it entails to get these kids registered for next year. And, wouldn't you know it, now we're adding a whole other school into the mix. Whee!

I'm really sad because this is the last year we will EVER have all three kids in the same school. And, just as we'll be getting used to PRMS, we'll transfer over to the new middle school when Jacob's in 7th grade. So, we'll get to do all that paperwork next May. I'm not ready for middle school.

On a side note, I discovered that one of the local MOPS groups has the MOMSnext (MOPS for the school-aged set) group as well. :) Of course, they're winding down for the year but have put my info in for the next school year. I'm such a flipping joiner. LOL! I just really missed MOPS and the support this year. PTO just doesn't fill the gap.

2 comments:

debbie said...

I know what you mean by the wind down stuff at school, bah! We don't register until July so that gives me a bit of breathing room.

I'm so glad that you get to go back to MOPS! That's a good kind of joining!

Barbara said...

Yeah. I'm excited. I knew they were thinking about starting a school-aged version but hadn't heard anything about it. It's not as convenient as my MOPS group, which was right across the street, but it's not far...just over in Leawood.