Friday, March 05, 2010

Friday, Friday, FRIDAY!!!

My entire house had the hardest time getting up this morning. Mike was about 30 minutes behind where he normally is and the kids and I were running about 10 minutes behind. It's all okay, though, because I usually get the kids to school pretty early anyway (get there early and wait, right Dad?). We didn't have a lot of wiggle room since Jacob had hall monitor duty this week but we were okay on time.

I also couldn't come home and sit on my butt since today was South West Day in the third grade. I got to work in the Texas room, where they were line dancing and eating nachos and chili. Nice. We were all trying to remember the Boot Scootin' Boogie...I'll have to YouTube that one later. We did teach the kids the Cotton Eyed Joe...at least a modified version of it. Some of the kids (mostly boys) were unwilling to participate but most had fun. After several hours of working at the school, I often wonder how in the world I ever taught all day. I'm always so wiped out.

I'm having a hard time believing we don't have much going on this weekend. We had nothing tonight, so the kids were outside from the time we got home until after 6 when they came in for dinner. It was so awesome to look around and see kids everywhere. I'm so excited for Spring! We also don't have anything going tomorrow, which is a first. I think I might break out the grill for the first time this season. That is, if it doesn't rain. :(

1 comment:

debbie said...

Yay for nice weather! I broke out the smoker today. I'm smoking Polish sausages.