Friday, September 18, 2009

Here We Go...Update

We took Daniel in this morning and our pediatrician thought there was enough evidence to send him to the pediatric neurologist at Children's Mercy for an EEG. What I think is really nice is they are actually going to set the appointment up for us. He told us that it can take about a month to get in but the when we do get in, it will be a very thorough exam.

More than likely, he'll have to do a sleeping EEG. Unfortunately, what that will mean is we'll have to keep him up all night so that he'll sleep during the day of his appointment.

While I was hoping this would happen a little quicker, I think this is playing out the way I'd thought it would. I'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

Susy said...

Can you get something from his doctor that says this might be the problem? Something that you can give to his teacher so that she doesn't think that you're just making stuff up?

Barbara said...

Oh, now I've got the counselor on my side. She doesn't have a lot of choice or I'll be bringing in the principal.